true crime community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was the case/cases that got you into True Crime?

+16
daily-dahmer
allmightyglowingcloud
kill-your-darlingz
*ilona*
chris-has-problems
Bloodred_evans
Dobie
mysistersbike
da-hme-r
hoe4basementtapes
Pledgeallegiance
johnwaynegacys
thedragonrampant
earlymourning
quantumducks
brokenboys21
20 posters

Go down

What was the case/cases that got you into True Crime? Empty What was the case/cases that got you into True Crime?

Post by brokenboys21 Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:31 pm

I'm curious as to what attracts people to be interested true crime and why bc it seems like for many people the case that got them interested was columbine

Mine was Tsutomu Miyazaki, a japanese serial killer, cannibal, pedo/necrophile. I'm really not sure what drew me to his case but it was probably just my morbid curiosity as a young kid lmao. but! I recommend reading up on his case as its a little known and extremely grisly one

How about you guys  Smile ?
brokenboys21
brokenboys21

http://brokenboys.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

What was the case/cases that got you into True Crime? Empty Re: What was the case/cases that got you into True Crime?

Post by quantumducks Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:39 pm

My father used to be really interested by Jeffrey Dahmer so I would read about him to try to impress him, which then lead to reading about other killers and the like, but I think I found the Sandy Hook case the most interesting and that's what for me into the tumblr community (it's really interesting to hear what brought people to this community!)
quantumducks
quantumducks

http://lowresolutionjerseydevil.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

What was the case/cases that got you into True Crime? Empty Re: What was the case/cases that got you into True Crime?

Post by earlymourning Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:50 pm

It was actually pretty hard for me to remember since I've been fascinated by true crime for as long as I can remember, but I believe the first case I ever heard about was John Wayne Gacy's.

Although, I'd have to say Jeffrey Dahmer's was the case that got me from just having a passing fascination to actually wanting to actively study true crime. Still my favorite case to learn about to this day tbh
earlymourning
earlymourning

http://earlymourning.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thedragonrampant Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:51 pm

I think mine was Columbine, as that's the first case I actually researched and read a lot about outside of the standard news reports. Smile I'm not sure why that one speaks to me so much, but I suppose a part of it is because I remember seeing it on the news as it happened and kept getting pulled back to it over the years that followed. Hard case to shake, for some reason, which I guess is due to pop culture referencing it so much. It's not the one that brought me into the community, though. That 'honour' goes to the Aurora theatre shooting/James Holmes, because some news reports about that one mentioned the Tumblr community. I got curious enough to look it up online and found that people were also posting about Columbine and other cases, which is why I eventually stuck around and never left.
thedragonrampant
thedragonrampant

Back to top Go down

Post by johnwaynegacys Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:54 pm

i've pretty much been into true crime my whole life considering i was practically raised on the Casey Anthony trial since it was on local news constantly, but the first case i independently researched was probably H. H. Holmes! and for the case that brought me into the true crime community, that would probably be Richard Ramirez
johnwaynegacys
johnwaynegacys

http://johnwaynegacys.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pledgeallegiance Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:28 pm

It was Jeffrey Dahmer, and by complete accident! I was actually a blog on tumblr just to blog about metal bands and such, and someone just happened to reblog a post about Dahmer. I read the whole thing and was so taken aback because I just never knew someone would actually do such things (naive 14 year old me smh Neutral). The post basically had an overview of who he was and everything he did from sleeping with mannequins to drilling holes in people's heads and eating them.

But, after that one post just showed up on my dash way back then, I've been completely engrossed in true crime research as a hobby and turned it into my main blog theme.
Pledgeallegiance
Pledgeallegiance
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

http://Pledgeallegiance.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hoe4basementtapes Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:04 pm

It was the murder of the Richardson Family. I was 12 years old at the time and I found a book called "Runaway Devil," online. Basically the text on the cover said, "A 12 year old helped kill her family," and I was like, "OH SHIT I'M 12." I ended up buying the book. It's good af and I highly recommend it to anyone.
hoe4basementtapes
hoe4basementtapes

http://hoe4basementtapes.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by da-hme-r Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:09 pm

it was richard ramirez! i heard about him when he died and i kinda was interested in him and eventually i got interested in other murderers and other cases but i didnt start researching as much as i do now until maybe january or december.
da-hme-r
da-hme-r

Back to top Go down

Post by mysistersbike Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:14 pm

My step mom was into true crime and I went to college for criminal justice, but columbine stood out the most over any case teehee

mysistersbike

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobie Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:35 pm

Casey Anthony was the case that got me into true crime. I followed the entire trial live on tv and became obsessed. I won't forget the rush of waiting for the verdict, and then it came.... Ever since then I'd tried catching up on current trials as they happen. Also, little story.. Columbine used to give me nightmares when I was young. I remember seeing footage on tv on a documentary, one of the home videos of them walking through the halls of the school and it scarred me haha
Dobie
Dobie

http://raminkarimloser.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodred_evans Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:25 pm

I believe I must have taken an interest in researching criminal cases due to growing up around my grandmother and her late mother, who consistently kept up with the news and criminal cases featured on there. CNN, HLN, Dateline, 20/20, you name it.

The first case that got me into the tcc on tumblr was Columbine, ofc cliché I know. I found a meme in October 2016 of Dylan Klebold compared to Hillary Clinton and it's been a wild ride since then.
Bloodred_evans
Bloodred_evans

Back to top Go down

Post by chris-has-problems Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:34 pm

The first cases I got into were Columine and the Aurora Theatre shootings. I live in colorado, so as a kid, both of these cases kind of freaked me out, especially the Aurora Theatre one, since I was only ten at the time and thought that James Holmes was going to come into my room at night and shoot my brains out lol. But then as I got older, I got kind of intrigued with these cases that freaked me out as a kid, and that brought me to the true crime community
chris-has-problems
chris-has-problems

Back to top Go down

Post by *ilona* Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:47 am

I got into true crime from having to study jack the ripper as a kid and then my friend's mom got murdered by her spouse so it's always kinda been an influence I guess
*ilona*
*ilona*

Back to top Go down

Post by kill-your-darlingz Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:46 am

I can't really remember but I think it was a unsolved murder??? like maybe black dahlia or something
kill-your-darlingz
kill-your-darlingz

Back to top Go down

Post by allmightyglowingcloud Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:24 am

The Erfurt school shooting that happened in 2002 was mentioned on TV and I got curious and looked at the wikipedia article which lead me to other (German) school shootings and one of them mentioned Eric Harris (lol) as their inspiration aaaand that's how I fell down the Columbine and consequently True Crime rabbit hole.

allmightyglowingcloud

Back to top Go down

Post by daily-dahmer Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:52 am

I've actually been into crime for a decent amount of time; before the age of ten I loved watching crime shows (mostly nonfictional, such as Killer Kids etc.) while laying on the couch with my father, and I've loved Rob Dyke for as long as I have been given internet access! but it wasn't until I saw a documentary on Dahmer early last year that made me want to really get into studying cases independently (and not just relying on shows for information) and being a part of the TCC. (:

daily-dahmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sturmgeist89 Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:08 am

About age 10 a relative gives me this book of disasters around the world for some reason Richard Speck was in it and it frightened me to no end because the book described the murders in graphic detailing, he is probably my most hated killer also, but it fascinated me. About year later got Internet and got into serial killers, Ted Bundy first obsession I think
Sturmgeist89
Sturmgeist89

Back to top Go down

Post by guro-grigori Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:24 pm

It's really all bloodred-evans' fault. He got into Columbine and I sort of followed suit.
guro-grigori
guro-grigori

http://guro-grigori.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wellyourehere Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:23 pm

I don't remember the exact case but I was into crime both fictional and true since a young age, I came across some Columbiners on tumblr when I was 14 and that's how I found the TCC

wellyourehere

Back to top Go down

Post by wellyourehere Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:24 pm

*ilona* wrote:I got into true crime from having to study jack the ripper as a kid and then my friend's mom got murdered by her spouse so it's always kinda been an influence I guess
aaa i used to really be into Jack the Ripper I wanted to solve it lol

wellyourehere

Back to top Go down

Post by Americana_My_Way Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:27 pm

Mine was John Wayne Gacy and West Memphis Three. 10½ year old me had just watched Nightmare On Elm St. and I heard it was inspired by a real case so I searched it. I clicked on a couple links and found out about the murder of Etan Patz. From there I clicked on a link to John Wayne Gacy and *poof* here we are. Also I started reading creepy pasta around that time and I saw a picture of the "devil's cave" or something like that so I googled it and eventually stumbled upon the West Memphis Three.
Americana_My_Way
Americana_My_Way

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down