true crime community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brooks Brown

+6
hoe4basementtapes
ofrabid
quantumducks
thedragonrampant
rebldomakr
mysistersbike
10 posters

Go down

Brooks Brown Empty Brooks Brown

Post by mysistersbike Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:38 pm

Unpopular opinion about Brooks -- soaking in the fame from Columbine? Taking advantage of a tragedy? Calls himself a "survivor?" What do you think?

mysistersbike

Back to top Go down

Brooks Brown Empty Re: Brooks Brown

Post by rebldomakr Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:42 pm

i dont really like him - that alice situation really disgusted me and i believe he does enjoy the fame that comes with being a "survivor" of columbine. i did enjoy his book though.
rebldomakr
rebldomakr

http://massacrc.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by thedragonrampant Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:47 pm

I think Brooks is quite troubled and that he has made some life choices that reflect this. The massacre and his erstwhile friendship with Eric and Dylan seem to have done a number on him, understandably so, though I think that in some respects it only brought some of his less favourable character traits (compulsive liar/attention seeker, anyone?) that already existed to the foreground. While I appreciate the insight his book provided, I'm always inclined to take anything Brooks says with twenty grains of salt.
thedragonrampant
thedragonrampant

Back to top Go down

Post by quantumducks Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:49 pm

Definitely enjoying the almost fame that came with Columbine - I think his family all seemed to enjoy the attention? All of the interviews and his mother claiming that she knew something wasn't right, and that they made sure they got to see the basement tapes, it all feels a bit wrong of them if that makes sense? (also, I have no idea how he can be a "survivor" - he was never really in a position where he would have died??)
quantumducks
quantumducks

http://lowresolutionjerseydevil.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ofrabid Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:16 pm

i think the one thing that freaks me out about him the most is that he basically told alice he didnt care how old she was. very uncomfortable and disturbing. i'm glad he's now seeking help for all his unresolved issues due to columbine, especially because of his friendship with dylan. i just don't think i'll ever completely like him.
ofrabid
ofrabid
Admin

https://truecrime.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mysistersbike Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:34 pm

I completely agree with all of you.

mysistersbike

Back to top Go down

Post by hoe4basementtapes Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:44 pm

I really do feel like he loved the fame he got from Columbine. He loved the fact that he was getting all the attention from the people who were like madly obsessed with Dylan and Eric. The whole Alice situation also really disgusted me. I can only hope that he got better. I heard that he is having a baby with his girlfriend.
hoe4basementtapes
hoe4basementtapes

http://hoe4basementtapes.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by ofrabid Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:12 pm

back to this thread bc i thought it was a good place to mention it but i just saw someone call brooks "a sneaky little thot" and i thought you'd all enjoy that
ofrabid
ofrabid
Admin

https://truecrime.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by livx Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:47 am

okay, so, i think that brooks calling himself a survivor is bullshit,, he left, he wasn't in the school at the time of the shooting. it's just complete bullshit
livx
livx

Back to top Go down

Post by mysistersbike Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:53 pm

SNEAKY LITTLE THOT

mysistersbike

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobie Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:05 pm

I don't really like or trust him and his book went off for pages at times sorta telling random stories, i felt, just to insert himself back into the book. Also he made it seem like his family were the only ones who would/could have stopped Columbine. And i feel like he exaggerated a ton in his book.
Dobie
Dobie

http://raminkarimloser.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by randyrobertstair Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:56 am

While I think that Brooks enjoys the attention he gets because of the shooting, I also think he was very traumatized by the shooting. I don't think his book was exaggerated at all. He really lived those experiences with Eric and Dylan, and his parents really were the only people calling the police, and trying to get them to do their jobs.
I have always liked Brooks, and I do consider him to be a survivor of the massacre that day. He has a lot of psychological issue's that he has never really gotten help for, but I think sometimes we forget about what he went through that day. Can you imagine the survivor's guilt he has dealt with over all of these years?
randyrobertstair
randyrobertstair

Back to top Go down

Post by Pledgeallegiance Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:01 am

I really lost all respect for him when he tried coming into the community on tumblr. Not to give any information, but to target underage girls and have them dressing up in Lolita clothes for him. Plus he just rubs me the wrong way. He wasn't a survivor, he knew the shooters and got the hell outta there before they began shooting. But he did lose people he loved and that included Eric and Dylan. So I kinda have mixed feelings about him but definitely after that whole pedo thing I have no respect for him
Pledgeallegiance
Pledgeallegiance
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

http://Pledgeallegiance.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by randyrobertstair Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:09 am

I lost respect for him over that whole tumblr mess too. I still care about him, and I still worry over his mental health. Brooks has done some really bonehead things over the years, but he absolutely is a survivor. Had Eric decided to start shooting as soon as he exited his vehicle Brooks would have been dead.
randyrobertstair
randyrobertstair

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum