true crime community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General thoughts on Adam Lanza?

2 posters

Go down

General thoughts on Adam Lanza? Empty General thoughts on Adam Lanza?

Post by Pledgeallegiance Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:14 am

What do you guys pretty much think about Adam?

After reading a lot of his emails and forum posts, I would have to say that my conclusion is that he was a very articulate man and I would have loved to know him. Him and I share a lot of things in common and I feel like he would have been a wonderful person to know. He seemed so open-minded and some of the things he said really makes you contemplate life as a whole. I don't think any other killer has really shown to be so articulate and in some ways, a genius. I'm still kinda concerned as to if he was a pedophile or not after reading what he said about child and adult relationships, plus he destroyed a lot of his belongings before the shooting. So that kinda raises some suspicion in me, but he did have a well thought out analysis on pedophilia as a whole. Whether or not we agree on it is all up to the reader, but once again a lot of his writing makes you stop and think things through.
Pledgeallegiance
Pledgeallegiance
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

http://Pledgeallegiance.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

General thoughts on Adam Lanza? Empty Re: General thoughts on Adam Lanza?

Post by Dobie Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:14 pm

Ok, i'm bored at work so excuse me if I get dramatic here... When I first saw the news about Sandy Hook, watched it unfold, and tried to fathom why someone would do this, all I could come up with was "the shooter was an evil person." But wow, Adam Lanza is so much more than that. Now It hurts when I see people going around saying "evil, evil, evil" because that doesn't answer any questions and it doesn't even begin to represent Adam! He did a very evil thing, and we really don't know why (besides theories) but I get angry when people call him evil and then just move on without even TRYING to figure him out. in my heart I care so deeply about him just as I do for all the victims. I feel for him almost as if I know him. I really don't feel this way about other killers, but with Adam and how much he struggled, and the relationship with his mother, it's all just so depressing and it just bothers me. He was very smart, you can tell. Definitely knew right from wrong. That's why he's so baffling to me. I really wish I had known him, we really wouldn't have had much in common but I would have liked to have gone shooting with him. I'm really curious about the smashed hard drives and hadn't considered that maybe he had pedophilic content on there. The tragedy he created is so unfathomable to me given everything i know about him and stories from people who knew him (his barber always comes to mind, telling how when Adam would get his hair cut, his mother would dictate where he sat, he wouldn't talk, and when he was done he's be lead out by his mother) when i hear stories like that i really just can't imagine him doing what he did. Like, reading reports of what he actually did inside the classrooms (for example the book Newtown: An American Tragedy does a pretty good job painting the picture) i really just can't fathom that this kid who never even left his room and was told where to sit at the barber's would have shot his way into a school and... did what he did. I really wish Adam had been arrested and were still alive just because im really curious about how he would handle his trial. Not meaning this to be disrespectful at all, but I want to know his reaction to what he'd done.
Dobie
Dobie

http://raminkarimloser.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down