true crime community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i know i'm not the only one

+3
livx
Pledgeallegiance
thedragonrampant
7 posters

Go down

i know i'm not the only one  Empty i know i'm not the only one

Post by livx Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:39 am

am i the only one (i know i'm not) who actually wants to understand dylan and eric? i know i'm not. if i was born in littleton and went to columbine at the same time they did, 100% i'd be friends with them, i'd love to get to know them and make them happy and stuff. that's just the kind of person i am. i 100% know a lot of you people are too
livx
livx

Back to top Go down

i know i'm not the only one  Empty Re: i know i'm not the only one

Post by thedragonrampant Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:54 am

You're definitely not the only one! I've always wanted to understand where they were coming from and what exactly brought them to go through with the massacre. I feel like understanding who they were as people can give us more insight into current-day mass shootings as well, because the motives/emotions involved in these cases are often similar. I'm not at all sure if I would've been friends with them back in the day, though I generally make an effort to be nice to people and don't like not getting along with someone so who knows..
thedragonrampant
thedragonrampant

Back to top Go down

Post by Pledgeallegiance Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:41 am

To be honest, when I was first getting into columbine, I was really into trying to get to know who they were as people and what they were like in the years leading up to the massacre. Well, after four years I wouldn't be friends with them at all. It's kinda hard to know for sure;

Were they racist and sexist/homophobic because of their environment, or were they like that beforehand and that's why they were bullied? Because they have a lot of history bullying people as well as being bullies so I'm really just trying to understand that
Pledgeallegiance
Pledgeallegiance
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

http://Pledgeallegiance.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by livx Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:02 pm

Maybe not so much friends with them but i'd be nice to them, that's just my nature though
livx
livx

Back to top Go down

Post by ofrabid Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:13 pm

i feel like a lot of us have this automatic idea that maybe we could've helped in someway. maybe we could've stopped. everyone has it so i don't think its unusual you probably would've wanted to be friends with them prior to the shooting. i've thought about this many times and i honestly don't think i would've gotten along with Eric whatsoever. he would've frustrated me to hell and back. i've always been raised to be more open-minded and knowing Eric was ignorant in many aspects would've made me want to deck him. HJFDSJGJ
ofrabid
ofrabid
Admin

https://truecrime.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mysistersbike Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:35 pm

Eric used racial slurs because he thought they were funny. Dylan followed suit with Eric -- they're not as complicated as we seem to think they are. Troubled, yes, but simple and misunderstood thanks to people like Brooks Brown and the mass media.

mysistersbike

Back to top Go down

Post by chris-has-problems Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:25 pm

I'll be honest, when I was a little kid and first heard about columbine, I hated their guts, and was kind of scared because I live in Colorado myself, and I didn't want it to happen to me. But then later on in my life, my teacher brought it up and I was kind of curious and watched a bunch of documentaries and stuff. Now when I look back on myself I get kinda mad since I didn't let myself try and understand the situation they were in, and it makes me feel kinda bad.
chris-has-problems
chris-has-problems

Back to top Go down

Post by livx Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:49 am

i feel like i would've wanted to be friends with them prior to the shooting because they're like "outcasts" and i guess i am too
livx
livx

Back to top Go down

Post by Dobie Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:11 am

Ok, maybe i'm of a rare breed, but I don't find Eric and Dylan to be all that interesting. I find mass shootings as a whole interesting, but them personally not so much. I've read through some of Eric's journals/pages/etc and some excerpts from Dylan's stuff and... yeah maybe I wouldn't really have gotten a long well with them if I'd known them irl. Dylan possibly, although it's almost impossible to say. But Eric alone seems like a damn handful (from what i can tell he probably wasn't a huge jerk to random people, but obviously people who really got to know him saw how fucked up he was and like, even people's parents were wary of him...) I wish he had really gotten help but I don't know, I have a hard time looking too crazy deep into them, and their story is one where my only real sympathy goes towards the victims. Not the perpetrators.
Edit: I may have worded that weirdly, my sympathy in these shootings (especially in a school or involving kids) always 100% goes to the victims. I set aside a bit of a different kind of sympathy in some cases for the perpetrator, but not in this case.
Dobie
Dobie

http://raminkarimloser.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum